Incredibly flavorful sweet and spicy Thai salmon tacos! A quick and healthy 30 minute dinner that will delight salmon lovers!
My brother lived up in Alaska for 2 years. He actually moved back home just 24 hours before my husband and I were married. Talk about cutting it close eh? But we planned it that way. After two years of not seeing my brother, I had two matter of business to take care of with him. After a huge hug, I asked the big question: The salmon. How was the famous Alaskan salmon?!?!
His answer didn’t disappoint. Said it was the best salmon he’d ever tasted. And he had A LOT of it.
I’ve been jealous ever since and if I ever get a chance to take a little jaunt up to Alaska, you better believe I’m eating salmon for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
And dessert. Do they make salmon ice cream??
Salmon in tacos though?? Oh yes, that exists. Right here, right now. Thai salmon tacos. The sweet and spicy sauce is enough to make me cry tears of joy. I absolutely love it! I doubled the sauce just so I could not only cook the salmon in the sauce, but then pour a whole bucket of it on top. HEAVEN. 🙂 🙂
Thai Salmon Tacos
- 1 - 1 ½ pounds salmon - (or 4 medium/6-ounce salmon fillets)
- 1 cup sweet Thai chili sauce - (you can find this in the Asian section at most grocery stores)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves - finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger - (optional)
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage - or coleslaw, (without dressing)
- 1 mango - thinly sliced
- 8 taco-sized flour tortillas
- lime wedges
- Combine sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, garlic, cilantro, and (optional) ginger in a bowl and whisk til smooth and well mixed. Reserve half of the sauce and set it aside.
- Add salmon fillets to the bowl with 1/2 of the sauce and toss to coat well. (If desired, you may marinate this for 30 minutes - overnight, but marinating is not necessary)
- Cook the salmon either on a nonstick skillet for 4-6 minutes on each side, or in the oven turned to broil for the same amount of time. Cook until fillets are pink and easily flake with a fork.
- Assemble tacos with cabbage (or cole slaw), mango slices, salmon, and top with remaining reserved sauce and drizzle with fresh lime juice. Serve immediately.