Cheesecake bars topped with a creamy chocolate toffee layer.
Oh warm weather, how I have missed you.
We didn’t really get a springtime, nature seems to be in a habit of cutting us short on the in-between-and-less-severe seasons these days. It seems like every year our spring and fall get a little shorter and our summer and winter with their never-failing temperature extremes just keep getting longer and looooonger.
I miss my four seasons. I used to think that was one of the only good things about living in a state like this. You get four distinct seasons. Four types of weather, four collections of fashion statements, four waves of seasonal produce and fresh ingredients. I never got sick of any one time of year because just it came just at the perfect moment and left just a tad bit early, leaving me wanting a little more. I loved it that way.
Only two real seasons is not working for me. I feel like I missed my springtime fever and transitioning wardrobe.
But really, I am loving the warm sunshine. It was a little hot yesterday afternoon in long jeans (90 degrees…) but I walked out of the grocery store around 7:30 last night and though “oh my gosh this is it, the perfect temperature”. So I rushed to my car to check the temp gauge on my dash. It said 88. I don’t think that was quite right. I’m thinking it was more like low 80s… But oh well. All I know is that it was glorious and I would definitely be okay with a few days of that perfectly comfortable, not-hot-not-cold-no-breeze-to-chill-your-legs weather. And a few of these Toffee Cheesecake Bars.
Toffee Cheesecake Bars
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 5 skor bars, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x9 pan with nonstick spray. In a bowl combine flour, oats, and brown sugar.
- Cut in 5 tablespoons of butter with a pastry cutter or fork until mixture is crumbly. Press into a prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove crust from oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter in the microwave and then brush on the pastry crust with a pastry brush. Allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining tablespoon of butter with cream cheese, egg, sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla. Spread mixture over crust in pan.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with crushed toffee bars and bake 15-20 minutes or until cheesecake layer is set. Remove from oven. Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over still-warm chocolate bars. Allow cheesecake to cool before cutting in bars.