All your Hawaiian dreams will come true with this Tropical Paradise Overnight Oatmeal Parfait.
I think in another life I could have been Hawaiian. Long black hair, gorgeous milk-chocolatey skin, hula dancing skills like you’ve never seen… that could’ve been me. But I guess it wasn’t in the cards cause I’m definitely very white and cannot hula dance to save my life. I think it has something to do with the knees but I can’t ever figure it out.
Let’s talk about how Hawaii and pineapple go together in my mind like PB & J or socks and gym shoes. They are meant to be together. They need one another. I guess this probably stemmed from when my parents visited Hawaii when I was younger and brought back all sorts of treasures, my favorite being the freshest, most juicy and delicious pineapple I have ever had in my life. So when I was piling the pineapple onto my oats last night I just kept day dreaming about that pineapple my parents brought home and re-promised myself that I will go to Hawaii and eat pineapple while sitting on the beach, even if I have to swim there.
Tropical Paradise Overnight Oatmeal Parfait
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 6 ounces greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla pudding mix, dry
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- Toast coconut flakes in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a pint jar combine yogurt, oats, almond milk, pudding mix, and vanilla. Stir well. Let sit 5-10 minutes. Layer strawberries and pineapple on top of yogurt mixture. Top with coconut and place lid on the jar. Refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight