Slow Cooker New England Corn Chowder
Creamylicious slow cooker New England chicken chowder is loaded with savory chicken, bacon, and veggie goodness all made in your crockpot for easy dinner.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
Total Time 30 minutes
- 4 slices bacon chopped and cooked til crisp
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Promised Land Dairy Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup chopped or sliced carrots
- 1/2 yellow or white onion diced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 cans yellow corn drained
- 1 pound baby red potatoes quartered
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- fresh basil or thyme for garnish
Combine bacon, chicken, broth, carrots, onions, celery, half of the corn, potatoes in your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours. Uncover, transfer chicken to a plate, and shred with two forks into chunks. Return to slow cooker.
In a blender or food processor combine remaining corn and milk and blend until smooth. Add to slow cooker along with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
Cover and cook for 10 -15 minutes longer. Garnish with black pepper, grated parmesan cheese, and fresh basil or thyme and serve hot.