Cheesy, crunchy company potatoes are easy to make and always a crowd pleaser! This large casserole of creamy, cheesylicious potatoes feeds a big group - perfect for holidays!
- 2 lbs frozen hashbrowns, thawed
- 2 cups lowfat sour cream (regular is okay too!) (regular is okay too!)
- 3 teaspoons McCormick Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Onion Powder
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 4 tablspoons butter, melted
homemade cream of chicken soup
- 2 tbs flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth (I use low sodium)
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
To make the homemade cream of chicken soup, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Sprinkle flour into the pan and stir until mixture comes together. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk until incorporated. Bring to a boil and continue to stir until sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl combine hash brown potatoes, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and cream of chicken soup, and mix well.
Spread mixture into prepared baking pan. Cover with crushed cornflakes. Drizzle melted butter over the cornflake topping.
Bake for 35-45 minutes until mixture is bubbly and cornflakes are golden brown on top. Allow to cool slightly before serving.