Miami Cuban Dip
Easy, cheesy Miami cuban dip is a fun appetizer twist on the classic Cuban sandwich, completely with all of the signature flavors that make it so famous!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 large bread bowl, center scooped out (save fillings for dipping)
- 1 slender Italian baguette, sliced (for serving)
- 1 package McCormick® Pork Gravy Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 5 tablespoons dill pickles, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 cup deli-sliced roast pork, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup cubed ham
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bread on baking sheet. Cut an oval on top of bread and remove bread center to make room for the dip. Tear removed bread top and bread center into bite-size pieces. Set aside for serving.
Stir milk gradually into Gravy Mix with whisk in medium saucepan. Stirring frequently, cook on medium heat until gravy comes to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
Stir in 1 1/4 cups of the cheese, 4 tablespoons of the pickles, mayonnaise and mustard. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in pork and ham. Spoon dip into bread. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is warm. Sprinkle dip with remaining 1 tablespoon chopped pickles. Serve with bread pieces.