Leftover Turkey Corn Chowder
This leftover turkey corn chowder comes together in about 30 minutes and is the most delicious way to use up that leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
- 2 cups shredded leftover fully cooked turkey (may sub shredded leftover fully cooked chicken)
- 2 15-ounce cans cream style corn
- 1 15-ounce can sweet yellow whole kernel corn
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups cubed golden or red potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large stock pot combine cream style corn, whole kernel corn, broth, celery, bell peppers, potatoes, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
Cover and simmer over medium heat for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
Stir in turkey and season with salt and pepper. When turkey is heated through, serve and garnish with fresh parsley or thyme as desired.