Mango Mandarin Sesame Shrimp Salad
Big, bold Asian flavors bring this mango mandarin sesame shrimp salad to life and make it a hearty, yet simple and healthy dish!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds uncooked shrimp shelled and deveined, (tail-on is okay)
- 8 cups chopped romaine or green leaf lettuce
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- sesame seeds, for topping (optional)
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable, canola, or peanut work well)
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (more to taste)
Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour 1/3 of the mixture into a large resealable bag. Add shrimp to bag, seal, and chill for 10-30 minutes. Cover and chill the remaining sauce to use for a dressing.
Discard marinade and grill shrimp over medium heat OR sauté in a skillet over medium heat on the stove for 4-8 minutes until shrimp turn pink.
Assemble salads with lettuce, avocado slices, mangoes, mandarin oranges, bell peppers, and edamame. Top with shrimp (you can remove the tails first if desired). Serve with reserved dressing and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.