Easy Thai Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Spicy chicken and red peppers topped with a creamy Thai peanut sauce, crunchy peanuts, and served in crisp butter lettuce cups. Easy, healthy, and ready in 20 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
Sauce (see note)
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil (if you have it on hand)
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- optional: lime wedges and cilantro for serving
Whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside. Dice chicken into small pieces - less than 1/2 inch.
Drizzle pan with oil. Add chicken and saute over medium heat about 5 minutes until browned. Add red peppers and cook another 2-3 minutes until peppers are tender and chicken is fully cooked through.
Fill lettuce leaves with chicken and pepper mixture, then top with peanut sauce and chopped peanuts. Serve with fresh lime wedges if desired, for squeezing on top, and chopped cilantro.
If you love sauce (like me!) then definitely double the sauce portion of the recipe.