One Pan Skillet Honey Dijon Chicken
Tender chicken cooked in a skillet so it's crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, served in an amazing honey dijon mustard sauce - all made in one pan!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (you could also use 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter
Honey Dijon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or whole milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (smoked paprika if you have it)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper)
- optional: chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, garlic powder, and paprika.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken breasts for 1-2 minutes on each side to brown the outside. Transfer to a plate. (Chicken won't be cooked through yet)
To make the sauce, keep the pan over medium heat and melt the butter. Add garlic and saute for a minute or so until fragrant. Add milk. Whisk in honey and dijon mustard until incorporated. Stir in paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper to taste.
Add chicken back to the pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or cilantro and serve.