20 Minute Beijing Beef
Tender, spicy Asian Beijing beef and peppers you can whip up in just 20 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak or skirt steak, sliced into strips
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you want spicier)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- rice, for serving
Add sliced steak to a large greased skillet and saute over medium heat 2-3 minutes til just browned. Add peppers and onions and saute 1-2 minutes longer.
In a medium bowl whisk together water, sugar, ketchup, vinegar, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Add to pan with the steak and peppers and stir to coat. Cover and bring to a boil.
In a small bowl stir together cold water and corn starch til dissolved. Add to pan and stir until thickened. Serve over cooked rice.