Baked Cheesy Sausage Penne
Super cheesy penne pasta noodles and sausage tossed and baked in a creamy garlic white sauce!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 cups cooked penne noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 7-ounce can roasted red peppers, drained (may sub sundried tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk (I used fat free half and half)
- 1 teaspoon salt + 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute sausage in a large pan or skillet for 5-7 minutes until cooked through. Add to a large bowl along with cooked penne noodles, and roasted red peppers.
Add butter to pan and stir until melted. Add flour and stir again til mixture clumps together. Gradually whisk in milk. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper, and 3/4 cup parmesan cheese and stir until cheese is melted and incorporated.
Add sauce to bowl with sausage, peppers, and noodles and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to a casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over the top and bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot.