Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
Creamy, cheesy and healthy pasta sauce made from butternut squash!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 medium-large butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and chopped
- 2-3 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
Place chopped butternut squash in a stock pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender. Drain liquid and transfer squash to a blender. Add 2 cups milk and pulse until smooth.
Transfer mixture back to pot and add remaining ingredients. Stir over medium heat until cheese is melted and incorporated. Add more milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Serve over cooked pasta noodles.