Coconut Almond Popsicles
Creamy almond and coconut flavored frozen popsicles coated in chocolate and sprinkled with chopped with crunchy toasted almonds and shredded coconut flakes!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Chill Time 4 hours
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup milk (I used fat free half and half)
- 1 small (3.4 oz) package instant coconut cream pudding mix (such as the [url:1]this one[/url])
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or equivalent amount of brick-style almond bark)
- optional: shredded coconut flakes and chopped almonds (such as Diamond of California almonds)
In a medium bowl whisk together the 1 cup of heavy cream, milk, pudding mix, and almond extract. Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
Line a small baking sheet (something that will fit in the freezer) with nonstick foil, set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons heavy cream. Microwave on half power for 2 minutes. Stir, then return to microwave on half power for 20 seconds at a time stirring after each until smooth.
Run the popsicle molds under warm running water to loosen the popsicles. Dip popsicles in melted chocolate, then immediately sprinkle with shredded coconut flakes and/or chopped almonds. Place on prepared foil-lined baking sheet and return to freezer for about 5 minutes or until chocolate cools. Store wrapped individually in plastic wrap in the freezer.