Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
Creamy tomaillo and avocado salsa! Perfect for serving with chips, crackers, or on top of any favorite Mexican dish like enchiladas or tacos!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 12 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1-2 fresh jalapeños, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped or diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only (about 1/2 cup packed)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- juice of 1 lime
Add tomatillos to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil tomatillos for about 3-5 minutes until tender. Drain and transfer tomatillos to a blender.
Add all remaining ingredients to a blender, cover and blend until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon water at a time if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
Cover and chill until ready to serve with chips or your favorite Mexican dish.