Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
Creamy tomaillo and avocado salsa! Perfect for serving with chips, crackers, or on top of any favorite Mexican dish like enchiladas or tacos!
- 12 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1-2 fresh jalapeños, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped or diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only (about 1/2 cup packed)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- juice of 1 lime
Add tomatillos to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil tomatillos for about 3-5 minutes until tender. Drain and transfer tomatillos to a blender.
Add all remaining ingredients to a blender, cover and blend until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon water at a time if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
Cover and chill until ready to serve with chips or your favorite Mexican dish.