Shrimp Asparagus Carbonara
Quick, easy, and healthy Shrimp Asparagus Carbonara you can whip up in 30 minutes or less!
- 1-2 pounds medium or large shrimp, de-veined and tails removed
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces fettuccine (or similar pasta like linguini or spaghetti)
- 4 slices bacon or pancetta, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
Cook pasta according to package's directions. Drain and set aside.
In a large pan or skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add shrimp, asparagus, and mushrooms (optional) and saute for 2-3 minutes until asparagus is tender and shrimp is pink and fully cooked. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute longer until fragrant. Remove pan from heat.
In a small bowl whisk together eggs, parmesan salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1/2 teaspoon each) and parsley. Toss that mixture with your noodles in a large bowl to coat the pasta well.
Add pasta to pan with the shrimp and asparagus and return to heat. Saute for 3-4 minutes until hot and fragrant. Stir in bacon. Serve warm sprinkled with additional parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper if desired.