Shrimp Asparagus Carbonara
Quick, easy, and healthy Shrimp Asparagus Carbonara you can whip up in 30 minutes or less!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1-2 pounds medium or large shrimp, de-veined and tails removed
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces fettuccine (or similar pasta like linguini or spaghetti)
- 4 slices bacon or pancetta, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
Cook pasta according to package's directions. Drain and set aside.
In a large pan or skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add shrimp, asparagus, and mushrooms (optional) and saute for 2-3 minutes until asparagus is tender and shrimp is pink and fully cooked. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute longer until fragrant. Remove pan from heat.
In a small bowl whisk together eggs, parmesan salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1/2 teaspoon each) and parsley. Toss that mixture with your noodles in a large bowl to coat the pasta well.
Add pasta to pan with the shrimp and asparagus and return to heat. Saute for 3-4 minutes until hot and fragrant. Stir in bacon. Serve warm sprinkled with additional parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper if desired.