Chicken and Mushroom Gnocchi Skillet
This easy Chicken and Mushroom Gnocchi Skillet is a hearty, flavorful one-pan meal the whole family will devour and ask for seconds!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb potato Gnocchi imported from Italy
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 large chicken breasts, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, dried thyme, dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano PDO
Fill a large pot with water, bring to a boil, add gnocchi and boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water, set aside. Season chicken with salt, pepper, basil, thyme, and parsley. Bring 2 tablespoons oil to heat in a large skillet, add chicken and saute 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Transfer to a plate or bowl and set aside.
Add butter and remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, along with mushrooms and garlic. Saute 1-2 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
Add gnocchi, chicken, chicken broth, heavy cream, and crushed red pepper flakes to the pan. Stir until sauce starts boiling. Stir in spinach until tender and wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle Parmigiano Reggiano over the top and serve.