Fuji Apple Chicken Salad (Panera Bread Copycat)
Mixed greens tossed with juicy chicken, crispy apple slices, red onions, blue cheese and crunchy pecans. A fresh and healthy salad inspired by the famous Panera Bread version.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to half inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6-8 cups mixed greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup pecan halves (such as Diamond of California)
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles
- 2 cups apple chips (store-bought or go [url:1]here[/url] for a great homemade version)
- 1 cup fuji apple salad dressing store-bought (I prefer the one by Lighthouse, it's my fav!) or homemade (click [url:2]here[/url] for a recipe)
Season chicken breasts with seasoning salt and cook on both sides for 3-4 minutes each in a greased skillet or pan over medium heat. Cut into pieces and set aside.
In a large bowl toss together mixed greens, tomatoes, sliced onions, and chicken. Sprinkle pecans, cheese crumbles, and apple chips on top. Serve with fuji apple dressing.