Creamy Tomato Basil Fettuccine
Creamy tomato basil fettuccine is a rich saucy dish, perfect for pasta lovers!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 8 ounces fettuccine noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups heavy cream or half & half (I used fat free half & half)
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded or shaved parmesan cheese (not the grated kind in the can)
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
Cook fettuccine according to package's instructions. Drain and set aside.
In a large sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and stir 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add flour and stir until mixture clumps together. Gradually whisk in heavy cream (or half & half).
Add tomato sauce and basil and stir to combine. Increase heat and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and add cheese. Allow to simmer about 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
Add salt to sauce and stir to combine. Taste and add a little more salt if desired. Serve sauce over cooked fettuccine noodles. Top with additional parmesan cheese and basil if desired. Enjoy!