Aloha Chicken Sandwiches
Sweet and saucy aloha chicken sandwiches with crispy baked breaded chicken, warm pineapple salsa, and the most amazing 2-ingredient sauce you'll ever taste!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced butterfly style to yield 4 thin chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Kraft lite Asian toasted sesame dressing
- 1/3 cup thick teriyaki sauce (I used Kikkoman gourmet teriyaki quick + easy marinade sauce)
- 4 burger buns or other sandwich rolls
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 white or red onion, diced
Preheat oven to 400 and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a small bowl whisk together flour, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and panko crumbs. Whisked together eggs and water in another bowl.
Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture, then toss in crumb mixture to coat. Place on baking sheet and spray heavily with cooking spray. Bake about 15 minutes until cooked through and crispy.
While chicken is cooking, make the salsa. Combine all ingredients in a medium pan and sauté over medium heat 3-5 minutes until tender and heated through.
Whisk together teriyaki sauce and Kraft dressing. When chicken is finished cooking, toss in the sauce. Place on buns, top with chicken, then salsa. Drizzle with extra teriyaki sauce if desired.