Creamy Avocado Pasta
This quick vegetarian pasta is tossed in a creamy avocado sauce that is to-die-for yummy, then drizzled with balsamic dressing for an extra level of flavor! A healthy and satisfying summer dish!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked al dente according to package instructions and drained
- balsamic salad dressing (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese or Italian cheese blend
- 1 avocado, roughly mashed with a fork
- juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 T)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional: fresh parsley or other herbs, tomatoes, additional cheese
In a food processor or blender combine mashed avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, and salt and pepper and pulse until smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
Add cooked pasta to a large bowl. Toss with avocado sauce until coated well. Add cheese and stir to combine.
Serve pasta at room temp or cold. Add tomatoes, fresh herbs, and additional cheese if desired. Drizzle with balsamic salad dressing immediately before eating.