Pina Colada Chicken Salad
This sensational summer salad has baked coconut chicken tenders, fresh pineapple, macadamia nuts, and a creamy pina colada vinaigrette dressing!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 3/4 inch thickness
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup crispy wonton strips
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt (may sub sour cream)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey (or more to taste)
Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 400 and heavily grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then slice the chicken into 1-2 inch wide strips. Toss chicken pieces in flour, then egg mixture, then toss in the coconut to coat well. Place coated chicken strips on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Spray chicken strips with cooking spray and bake 6-8 minutes, then flip them all over and cook on the other side another 6-8 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned. (The coconut flakes should begin to char slightly)
Top romaine with chicken tenders, red peppers, pineapple chunks, macadamia nuts, and top with wonton strips. Serve with pina colada dressing.