BBQ Chicken Flat Bread Pizza
Use pre-made flatbread to whip up the perfect bbq chicken thin-crust pizza!
- 1 large store-bought flat bread pizza crust OR 2 medium flat breads
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1/2 each of two different barbecue sauces (I used a hickory flavor, and a sweet chipotle version)
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Season chicken breasts on both sides with garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through and juices run clear. Remove from heat and chop chicken into bite size pieces.
In a small bowl whisk together bbq sauces. Spread sauce over flat bread. Sprinkle with cheese and then with onions. Top with chicken and finish by sprinkling the cilantro over the whole pizza. Bake 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and starts to brown slightly. Slice and serve.