Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers
Easy oven fried chicken tenders tossed in a sweet and spicy honey chipotle sauce!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness and sliced into strips
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons chipotle adobo sauce (the sauce that chipotle peppers are packed in inside the can! These can be found in the latino section at the market near the canned jalapeños.)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I used Franks)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- optional: ranch dressing for dipping
Preheat oven to 400. Pour melted butter onto a large baking sheet and brush to coat entire surface.
Whisk together flour, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Place bread crumbs in a second bowl, and eggs in a third bowl. Dip chicken into flour and turn to coat. Next, dip chicken into egg, turning to coat, and lastly into panko bread crumbs, tossing to coat well. Place coated chicken strips in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, then flip strips over and bake another 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
While the chicken strips are baking, prepare the sauce. Add all ingredients except for water and corn starch to a large sauce pan and bring to a gently boil, whisking throughout. Whisk together cold water and corn starch until corn starch is dissolved. When sauce reaches a boil, add corn starch-water mixture and stir until sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low.
When chicken strips are finished baking, dip chicken strips in sauce, tossing to coat. Serve warm with ranch dressing for dipping if desired.