Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup
A quick and easy soup with spinach, artichoke hearts, and tortellini! So creamy, so delicious!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese*
- 2 cups half and half (fat free or regular)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cooked tortellini (plain, cheese or spinach)
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
Melt butter in a large, deep pan over medium heat. When butter is melted, add artichokes and sauté 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute or so until fragrant. Stir in flour and stir til butter and flour clumps up.
Add broth and whisk until smooth. Add spinach and cream cheese. Continue to stir until cream cheese is melted, then whisk in half and half and salt. Add tortellini and parmesan and stir until parmesan is melted. Serve warm and top with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
*Tip: microwave the cream cheese for 25-20 seconds so it will melt in the soup more quickly.
**If you like it thicker, you can add a corn starch slurry. Whisk together 1 tablespoon water and 2 tablespoons corn starch until dissolved. Bring soup to a boil and add cornstarch slurry. Whisk until soup thickens, then reduce heat.