Sweet Pork Enchiladas
Yummy baked enchiladas with a creamy sauce and stuffed with cheese and sweet shredded pork!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or 1 1/2 cups water plus 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon)
- 1 3/4 cups (one 10 ounce can) red enchilada sauce (mild or medium)
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-3 cups shredded sweet pork (see my [url:1]Copycat Cafe Rio Sweet Pork recipe HERE![/url])
- 4-8 flour tortillas
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese (monterey jack, mild cheddar, or mexican blend)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 400. In a medium sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth.
Stir in enchilada sauce, cumin, salt, and brown sugar. cook about 5 minutes until thick and all ingredients are well combined. Remove from heat. Pour 1/2 cup sauce into the bottom of a large baking dish/or casserole dish.
Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 to 1/3 cup shredded pork. Top with shredded cheese and chopped cilantro. Roll tortillas and place end-side down side by side into prepared baking dish. Pour 1 cup of the sauce over enchiladas. Top with additional cheese to taste. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melty and begins to brown slightly. Serve hot with additional cheese, cilantro, and sauce if desired.