Beefy Enchilada Shells
Easy 30-minute, one pot Beefy Enchilada Shells made with savory ground beef, tender pasta shells, and loads of ooey gooey Mexican cheese.
Servings 4 servings
- 16 ounces small or medium pasta shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 4 10-ounce cans medium enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar and/or monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- avocado, sour cream, tomatoes, cilantro optional toppings
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
Saute ground beef in a large skillet, sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne, continue to cook until beef is browned.
Add enchilada sauce to pan, bring to a simmer.
Stir in pasta shells and season salt with salt to taste.
Stir in half of the cheese until melted. Top with remaining cheese and cover for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted on top.
Add toppings as desired and serve.