Greek Avocado Chicken Salad
This easy-and-healthy Greek avocado chicken salad is chock-full of hearty and flavorful ingredients like sun dried tomatoes, olives, onions, avocado, feta cheese, and a creamy herb dressing that is to die for.
Servings 6 people
- 2-4 cups shredded chicken
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ red onion sliced
- ½ cup halved kalamata olives
- 1 12-ounce jar julienned sun dried tomatoes packed in oil drained and gently rinsed
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts (toasted, optional)
- ⅓ cup olive oil extra virgin recommended
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt I use 0% fat
- ¼ cup reduced fat mayo may sub extra Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar white wine vinegar recomended
- juice of ½ lemon
- You can use whatever chicken you like — shredded or diced. If you’re thinking of using shredded chicken, rotisserie chicken works GREAT. A second option is to cook the chicken yourself. To do this, I like to use my Instant Pot or Slow Cooker. I just season the chicken with salt and pepper, place it in the pot with about 1 cup of water, cover and cook for about 45 minutes on the pressure setting for an Instant Pot or 2 hours on high for a slow cooker.
- Remember not to shred the chicken too much. You're not putting it on tacos, you want it to be somewhat still in pieces for this Greek salad with chicken. Slightly larger chunks of shredded chicken work best.
- Using a tight-fitting lid is good for keeping the avocados from turning too much, but there's really nothing that will keep them perfectly green the whole time, especially if you are taking this Greek salad anywhere. If you prefer the avocados as fresh as possible, just wait till right before you're about to serve it and add them in then.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 558mg | Potassium: 360mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 134IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg