Instant Pot Honey Teriyaki Chicken
Bold and flavorful Instant Pot Honey Teriyaki Chicken made effortlessly in your pressure cooker with just a handful of pantry ingredients. This is a must-make family-favorite weeknight meal to please even the pickiest eaters!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 6 chicken thighs) see note 1
- 1 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes use 1/2 teaspoon for a more noticeable touch of heat
- 3 tablespoons corn starch + 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- diced green onions, for topping
- steamed white rice or fried rice, for serving
Place chicken in pressure cooker. Whisk together soy sauce, water, honey, garlic, rice vinegar, ground ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken.
Place lid on pressure cooker, turn vent to seal. Press "pressure cook" and set timer to 20 minutes for frozen chicken, 10 minutes for thawed chicken.
When pressure cooker "beeps" to signal end of cooking time, allow a natural release (aka don't do anything) until the float valve sinks.
Use a slotted spoon to remove any pieces of fat in the pressure cooker leftover from the chicken Set pressure cooker to "soup" setting.
Once liquid comes to a boil, stir together corn starch and water and whisk into the sauce until thickened. Stir in sesame seeds.
Turn off pressure cooker, transfer shredded chicken back to the pressure cooker and stir to coat in the sauce.
Garnish with chopped green onions and serve over steamed or fried rice.
- If using very thick pieces of frozen chicken (thicker than 1 1/2 inches) add 10 minutes to cooking time. If you are using very thick pieces of thawed chicken, simply pound chicken to 1 - 1 1/2 inches thickness before proceeding with recipe as written.