Buttery Garlic Steak and Mushroom Foil Packs
Easy, 30-minute Buttery Garlic Steak and Mushroom Foil Packs are a healthy and hearty meal with juicy steak and tender mushrooms seasoned with herbs, garlic, and melted butter. Grill or bake for the perfect all-in-one meal!
Servings 4 people
- 1 pound top sirloin steak
- 1/2 pound whole mushrooms, halved
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh thyme or parsley, for garnish
Preheat grill or preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut steak into 2-inch chunks and place in a large bowl along with halved mushrooms.
Stir together melted butter, basil, parsley, thyme, and garlic. Pour over steak and mushrooms and stir to coat.
Divide steak and mushrooms between four large pieces of aluminum foil (see note 1) and wrap, pinching edges together to seal the packet. Grill for 12-15 minutes flipping halfway through to cook evenly OR bake for 25-30 minutes until steak is cooked to desired doneness (see note 2).
Open packets, garnish with chopped parsley or thyme, and serve immediately.
- An alternate option to wrapping in foil is to wrap in parchment first, then wrap with foil.
- For added color on the steak when grilling: open the packets 2-3 minutes before done and use tongs to transfer meat to the grill grates, turning until just browned on all sides. For added color when baking: open packets 2-3 minutes before done and switch oven to broil on high for a couple of minutes.