Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Beef Brisket
Set it and forget it slow cooker honey bbq beef brisket slathered in sweet and rich bbq sauce is so juicy and tender it will melt in your mouth.
Servings 8 people
- 1 medium-large beef brisket (about 5 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold water + 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Lightly grease your slow cooker and place brisket inside. Whisk together sauce ingredients (except cold water + corn starch) in a small bowl, set aside.
Stir together seasonings and rub all over brisket. Pour sauce over brisket, cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
Pour liquid from the slow cooker into a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir cornstarch into cold water until dissolved, then pour into sauce pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
Shred beef with two forks and pour sauce back into the slow cooker, give it a good stir and serve hot.