Cacio e Pepe with Mushrooms & Bacon
Cacio e Pepe with Mushrooms & Bacon is a quick and easy pasta dish the whole family will love. Made with simple ingredients and ready in about 20 minutes!
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti pasta
- 3 strips smoked bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup shaved or finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Cook spaghetti according to instructions on packaging. Reserve 2/3 cup of pasta water for sauce.
Place bacon in a large nonstick skillet and cook 5-7 minutes over medium heat until tender (not crisp).
Add mushrooms and butter to pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes, occasionally stirring, until mushrooms are tender.
Add spaghetti to pan and stir in reserved pasta water and shaved parmesan cheese. Continue to stir over medium-low heat until spaghetti is warmed throughout and cheese is melted. Top with freshly cracked black pepper and serve immediately.