Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Salad
Grilled pineapple, avocados, cilantro, and the BEST teriyaki vinaigrette turn this grilled teriyaki chicken salad into a hearty and tasty meal you make again and again!
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, (see note)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 8 cups chopped romaine or green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 15-ounce can pineapple rings, with juice (juice divided between marinade and dressing, see instructions)
- cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- pineapple juice (from the can of pineapple rings)
Combine chicken, 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, and half of the pineapple juice from your can of pineapple slices in a large resealable bag. Press the extra air out of the bag, seal, and chill for 15 minutes.
In a small-medium bowl combine all dressing ingredients, whisk to combine, then cover and chill until ready to use.
Grease and preheat your grill. Place chicken on grill and discard bag with marinade. Place chicken and pineapple rings on the grill. Grill pineapple rings just until hot and tender and grill marks start to form. Grill chicken 6-10 minutes on each side until browned and cooked all the way through (completely white inside, no pink). Transfer to cutting board and slice into strips or chop into 1-inch pieces.
Assemble salads with chopped lettuce on the bottom, then top with chicken, tomatoes, onions, avocado slices, grilled pineapple slices and cilantro. Serve with prepared dressing (stir or shake immediately before serving). Top with sesame seeds if desired.
The thicker the teriyaki sauce, the better. Use can use a homemade version you like, or if you want to go with a store-bought, my absolute favorite is this one.