Balsamic Chicken, Strawberry, and Apple Salad
Juicy balsamic chicken, strawberry, and apple salad topped with creamy balsamic dressing, feta cheese, and chopped pecans.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup The Marzetti® Brand Simply Dressed Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing, divided
- 6-8 cups baby spinach
- 1 thinly sliced (any yellow-red apple will do great, I used fuji)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Brush chicken on both sides with some of the balsamic dressing.
Cook chicken on the stove in a greased skillet or on the grill over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Brush again with balsamic dressing on both sides and cook another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate or cutting board and slice into strips.
Assemble salads with spinach leaves on the bottom. Top with strawberries, apples, chicken, feta cheese, and pecans.
Serve salad immediately with remaining balsamic dressing.