No Churn Mixed Berry Ice Cream
No machine required for this silky smooth mixed berry ice cream!
- 1 quart half & half (found near the whipping cream)
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-2 cups sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 large box instant vanilla pudding mix (must be instant)
- 2 1/2 cups fresh (or thawed) berries (I used a combination of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- berry syrup, for topping (optional)
Combine berries in a blender or food processor. Pulse until pureed.
In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until fluffy. Add half & half, vanilla, and vanilla pudding mix and mix until smooth. Mix in berries until incorporated.
Transfer mixture to 2-3 shallow containers (bread pans work), cover and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
Serve with berry syrup if desired.