Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
Slow cooked chicken with sweet honey and sesame sauce - an easy family-favorite with perfect flavor.
- 3 medium-large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup cold water + 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- sesame seeds, for topping
Chop chicken into 2 inch pieces. Add to a large resealable bag and add corn starch. Seal and shake to coat chicken.
Drizzle a large skillet with the oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute 1-2 minutes (just to brown the very outside, chicken should not be cooked through) and remove from heat. Add to a greased slow cooker.
Whisk together the cold water and corn starch til dissolved. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ketchup, and rice vinegar and whisk to combine.
Poor sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook on low 3 hours. Serve over cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.