Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
Juicy, slow cooked beef in savory spices - perfect for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and all of your favorite Mexican dishes!
- 2 1/2 - 3 pounds beef chuck roast
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 chipotle peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 small white or yellow onion chopped
- juice of 1 lime (2-3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup water or beef broth
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- optional: red onion, cilantro and lime wedges for topiing
Place chuck roast in a greased slow cooker. Whisk together vinegar, garlic, chipotle peppers, lime juice, beef froth, cumin, oregano, cloves, and salt and pepper. Pour over roast.
Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 6-8 hours. Shred with two forks and serve or freeze and thaw to use with all of your favorite dishes.