Red Velvet Skillet Cookie
Thick and chewy red velvet deep dish cookie with white chocolate chips, baked in a skillet! Perfect for topping with your favorite ice cream and hot fudge!
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- optional toppings: vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup or hot fudge
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugars until light and fluffy (1-2 minutes). Add egg and vanilla, and mix well. Mix in food coloring.
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa power, baking soda, and salt.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Stir in white chocolate chips. Press dough into greased skillet.
Bake for 18-22 minutes until set. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then serve warm with ice cream and fudge if desired. (Can also be served at warm temperature without ice cream).