Southwest Chicken Salad
A hearty and flavorful main dish southwest chicken salad with black beans, red onions, bell peppers, shredded cheese, and avocado - all spritzed with fresh lime juice and topped with a quick southwest ranch dressing and cilantro!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning OR similar equivalent of similar spices (cumin, chili powder, onion powder, etc)
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 15-ounce can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (I have also subbed feta cheese crumbles)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- chopped cilantro and limes for squeezing
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and taco seasoning. Cook in a large skillet over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side until cooked through.
Top your chopped romaine with the corn, black beans, red bell peppers, onions, cheese, and avocado. Drizzle with fresh lime juice and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Whisk together ranch dressing, chili powder, and cumin. Toss with salad or serve on the side for drizzling. Enjoy!