Apple Pecan Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
Apple Pecan Salad with Maple Vinaigrette - an easy fall salad with sweet red apples, crunchy candied pecans, feta cheese, and a quick maple vinaigrette dressing!
- 6-8 cups mixed greens
- 2 small-medium fuji or gala apples, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shelled pecan halves or chopped pecans (I used Diamond of California)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (may sub white vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Add pecans, sugar, and cinnamon to a small-medium pan or skillet. Stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until sugar melts and nuts are coated. Transfer to a plate or foil-lined baking pan to cool.
Stir together all salad dressing ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
In a large serving bowl toss together greens, apples, onions, candied pecans, feta cheese, and cranberries. When ready to serve, toss with dressing.