Caribbean Chicken and Rice Lettuce Wraps
Easy Caribbean Chicken and Rice Lettuce Wraps are hearty and flavorful, made with Caribbean-style rice, seasoned chicken, and tangy mango salsa!
Servings 4 people
- 1 box Zatarain's Caribbean Rice Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk (or sub 1 cup water)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even 1/2 inch thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herb blend (like an Italian mix or Herbs de Provence) may sub 1/8 teaspoon each dried oregano, dried thyme, dried parsley, dried basil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- juice of one lime
- salt to taste
For the mango salsa stir together all ingredients in a medium bowl, cover, and chill until ready to use. (Can be prepped up to several hours in advance if desired)
Melt butter in a large sauce pan. Add rice mix and saute for 20-30 seconds. Add 1 cup water and 1 cup coconut milk (or 2 cups water without coconut milk), cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes until rice is fully cooked. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool slightly. While rice is cooking, season chicken with salt and pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and dried herbs. Drizzle a large skillet with the oil, and cook chicken for 4-7 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through. Dice into small cubes.
Scoop rice into butter lettuce leaves. Top with diced chicken, and mango salsa. Serve immediately.