Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
Marinated sweet and spicy chicken, fresh pineapple, peppers, and onions - grilled to perfection and sprinkled with cilantro!
Servings 4 servings
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small-medium pineapple cut into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- ½ red onion chopped
- handful of cilantro roughly chopped ⅓
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ⅔ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (or 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes)
Whisk together all marinade ingredients. Add mixture to a large ziplock bag. Place chopped chicken pieces inside, squeeze out excess air, seal and chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight (the longer the better!)
When ready to prepare the kabobs, preheat the grill to medium heat and drain marinade from the plastic bag. Thread chicken, peppers, pineapple, and onions onto skewers.
Grill kabobs for about 10 minutes, rotating periodically to ensure even cooking, until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.
If you are using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for about 30 minutes before grilling to keep them from burning.
These skewers are amazing as they are, but also delicious with teriyaki sauce for dipping. If you like heat, drizzle a little sriracha on top!
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1209mg | Potassium: 568mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1893IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg