Apple Cherry Candied Pecan Salad with Sweet Balsamic Dressing
Baby spinach leaves tossed with green apples, dried cherries, feta cheese, and candied pecans - all drizzled with a sweet balsamic dressing!
- 6-8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large green apple, cored and thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 cup whole or halved pecans (such as Diamond of California Pecan Halves)
- 1/4 cup sugar
Sweet Balsamic Dressing
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar, cover and shake to combine. (store at room temperature up to 1 week)
In a small sauce pan heat the 1/4 cup sugar until it liquifies. As soon as it it starts to liquify, add pecans and stir until sugar is completely melted and nuts are coated. Stir 30 seconds longer over medium heat. transfer to a glass plate or a metal baking sheet to cool. When cooled (about 5 minutes) break apart and add to salad when ready.
In a large bowl combine spinach, cherries, feta, apples, and candied pecans. Serve with sweet balsamic dressing (shake dressing immediately before serving).