Cream Cheese Swirled Carrot Cake Bars
Cream Cheese Swirled Carrot Cake Bars - easy, moist, fluffy, and soooo yummy!
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots (I used two large carrots and a box grater)
- 1 cup sugar (may reduce to 3/4 up if desired)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup flour
Cream Cheese Swirl
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (light or fat free are okay)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350. Line and grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl combine carrots, sugar, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla and mix well. Add baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and flour and mix until combined. Spread batter in your prepared pan.
In a medium bowl mix cream cheese sugar, vanilla, flour, and egg until smooth. Drizzle over the top of your cake batter. Use a knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture into the batter.
Bake for 20-30 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars and serving. Store in airtight container chilled or at room temperature.