Berry Pistachio Spinach Salad with Berry Vinaigrette
Crisp spinach tossed with red onions, fresh berries, crunchy pistachios, and blue cheese crumbles - all topped with a quick and tasty mixed berry vinaigrette!
- 6-8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups berries of choice (I used 1/3 cup each blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries - strawberries are great too)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles (OR feta cheese crumbles)
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Pistachios, shelled
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen berries of choice (I used a combination of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries)
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup cold water
To make the dressing, pulse all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
When ready to serve the salad, in a large bowl toss together spinach, berries, red onions, cheese crumbles, and pistachios. Serve with prepared dressing.