Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad
Strawberries, avocados, red onions, walnuts, and feta cheese all tossed with fresh baby spinach and creamy poppyseed dressing!
- 6-8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1-2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 whole avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California walnuts, whole or halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup balsamic dressing or poppyseed dressing (store-bought or homemade - see recipe below)
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup half & half or other milk (I used fat free half and half but any percentage of milk will work- the higher the percentage, the creamier your dressing will be)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 8 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 teaspoons poppyseeds
Prepare the dressing by whisking all ingredients together. Cover and chill until ready to use.
In a large bowl, toss together all salad ingredients. Serve with dressing.