Slow Cooker Buttery Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes
Creamy, buttery garlic and herb mashed potatoes made right in the slow cooker! These are the easiest, best tasting mashed potatoes you will ever make!
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed and chopped into 2-inch pieces (you don't need to peel them)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
Add chopped potatoes to a greased slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low or 5-6 hours on low.
When potatoes are cooked and fork-tender, add all remaining ingredients (let the butter melt for a couple of minutes). Use a hand mixer or a masher to mash the potatoes. (*see note) Serve warm.
*recipe adapted from Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
**This recipe can easily be doubled for large groups - just increase the cooking time by 1-2 hours.
**Although I have never had this happen to my potatoes, I have heard some people complain of "gluey" potatoes after mashing. Click HERE for my tips on making perfect, never-gluey mashed potatoes!