Zupas Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup
Creamy cauliflower and sharp cheddar soup you can whip up in less than 30 minutes. This stuff tastes so close to the original Zupas recipe!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
Melt butter in a large pot. Add garlic and onion and sauté until onions are tender. Add flour and stir until mixture clumps up.
Gradually whisk in milk. Add broth, salt, and cauliflower. Simmer for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
Transfer soup to a blender and pulse until smooth. Return soup to pot. Add cheeses and stir until melted and combined with soup. Serve with extra cheese if desired.