Indian Butter Chicken
Mix up your dinner routine with this traditional Indian butter chicken bursting with bold flavors! Easy, saucy comfort food on the table in 30 minutes!
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 20 ounces coconut milk (1 1/2 cans)
- 1/4 cup flour
- optional: cooked rice, cilantro, peanuts
Add chicken, onion, and next 7 ingredients to a large skillet or pan. Saute over medium heat 6-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Add tomato paste, coconut milk, and flour and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
Serve over rice and top with chopped peanuts and cilantro.