Jamaican Jerk Chicken Tacos
Easy Jamaican jerk chicken tacos, bursting with flavor and on the table in 20 minutes! These are perfect for busy weeknights!
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning (store bought OR use the recipe below)
- 3 large chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 cups slaw or shredded lettuce (I used red and green cabbage, thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 taco sized soft tortillas
- lime wedges, for serving
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2-3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Season chicken breasts with jerk seasoning, rubbing into both sides. Cook over medium heat on the stove for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Slice into strips.
Whisk together mayo and 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning.
Assemble tacos. Place slaw/lettuce on each tortilla. Top with chicken, then drizzle with sauce. Top with chopped cilantro. Serve with fresh lime wedges for drizzling on tacos.